Everyone at work loves my flapjack and so do my kids so here is the recipe
100g Butter (proper butter none of that low fat rubbish)
1-2 tablespoons of honey (again proper honey not golden syrup)
100g sugar (caster or granulated doesn’t make a difference)
125g oats (I use porridge oats)
50g Self Raising flour
1 tsp of ginger
You can add coconut, dried cranberries, cocoa powder or any other dried fruit to it if you want
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Melt the butter and honey over a low heat and add to the dry Ingredients
- Mix well, the mixture shouldn’t look to sticky if it does add more oats
- Pour onto a lined baking tray and press down with the back of a metal spoon until it looks smooth, it should be about 1- 1.5cm deep and a deeper tray like a square cake tin works best.
- Bake in a moderate/hot oven (about 180C) for 15-20 mins
- It should look brown on the top when you take it out of the oven
- If it looks wet in the middle give it a few more minutes
- Once out of the oven allow to cool before removing from the tin but try and slice it into portions whilst still warm.