This is my kit, my list of things that I always have with me when I am out with my son, things that help keep him calm when there is a chance that he may meltdown or struggle with the situation.
These are my top 5 things, the things that I never leave the house without.
- Ear Defenders to block out loud noises, these are especially helpful if we go out for a meal or to anywhere that might be busy.
- Flask of Milk, he won’t drink juice and will often refuse to eat anything out of the house so milk is a good option for him.
- iPad, we don’t ever go anywhere without the ipad, he uses it to zone out from everything around him, he uses it to entertain himself, he uses it just to cope with stuff.
- A charger and a portable power pack, this is to charge the iPad if it goes flat, an absolute God send at times.
- Travel towel/ blanket, sometimes when it he anxious the only thing that helps is to wrap him up, I have a micro fibre travel towel, which weighs almost nothing, I always have in it my bag when we are out so that I can wrap him up if he needs it. Its also handy as a towel.
This all just goes in a small rucksack that I chuck on my back when we are out, it might seem a lot to carry around to some people, on top of your normal stuff, but without it there are times that we would just have to turn around and go home.